Hands-on Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes Serves: 8
Super Easy- Super Fun- Super Tasty
We tried this recipe out with guests one evening and it was a hit! So if you need an easy to make dessert that transports with no fuss and will bring a smile to your recepients- try this! Make it in the morning (or atleast 2 hours ahead) and grab it right before you head out the door to complete your meal. Or maybe you are just bringing something sweet over to brighten up their day- this would be great to drop off or to bring and visit for a bit since there is enough to feed everyone.
- 8 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate, melted (AKA chocolate chips in my translation)
- 4 cups crisped rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 2 pints (just 1 regular size container) of mint chip ice cream, slightly softened
- chopped Andes mint chocolate pieces (enough to sprinkle over the top)
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup for topping
If you want to use other ice cream I don't see why you couldn't and just change the toppings to fit.
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate and cereal until the cereal is completely coated. Transfer to a 9 inch springform pan. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Freeze just until firm (not long).
4. Add crushed/chopped Andes Mint, cover, and freeze until firm, for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.