This is one of our favorite and easy to make summertime meals. Serve with a rice salad, fruit and away you go. This is also an easy transport meal, it's healthy, juicy, flavorful, and you can adjust ingredients based on the size of the group you are feeding and/or preferences of tastes.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/4" chunks
- marinade (see below for recipe)
- 1 large pineapple, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 red or colored bell peppers, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 lg red onion, cut into 1" chunks
- We are often fond of using " Chaka's mmmm sauce" or even Yoshido's marinade but here is another good marinade from scratch
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2TB soy sauce
1. Soak skewers. Marinade the chicken chunks for at least 15 minutes
2. Using soaked skewers alternate veggies. We usually do the chicken, and pineapple on the one skewer and the veggies on another as they cook at a different duration of time. Hint: try and surround the chicken with the pineapple to keep it really juicy.
3. Combine 2 Tb Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 3/4 tsp salt with 1/4 tsp pepper and a little lime juice in a bowl. Use this mixture and brush over the veggies and meat. Can also used leftover marinade if desire.4. Ready to grill for 8- 10 minutes over heat.
5. Enjoy on the skewer or take off and serve in a bowl.