- 2 lbs ground beef/turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1-2 cups vegetables (chopped carrots, spinach, peas, corn, soybeans, or whatever you like)
- 2-3 large potatoes (Yukon Gold is my favorite, but anything works)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (optional)
- One can of Cream of Tomato soup (any tomato sauce will do)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce (you can substitute any seasonings you want)
- Salt, pepper
- Boil potatoes and garlic in salted water.
- Mash potatoes, adding a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms. Set Aside.
- Saute onions. Add meat with a little salt and cook until brown.
- Take the meat mixture off the stove, mix in tomato soup/sauce and vegetables. (If you are using mushrooms, don’t mix them in yet.)
- In a 13x9 casserole dish, first spread the meat mixture on the bottom.
- Add the mushrooms...
- Finally, add the mashed potato.
- Score the top of the potato layer with a fork.
Optional: Sprinkle with a little butter or cheese (Cheddar, Colby Jack or Monterrey Jack)
- Cooking Instructions : Bake at 350 deg F for 45 min or till the tips of the mashed potato turn brown. (Put these instructions on a sticky note and put on the dish if the recipient is baking it.)